Assist the Engineering superior with general hotel and building maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your styles to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities工作职责
· Attend PMM work in the guest room
· Attends to repairs and painting of all surface walls, floors, facades, ceilings and equipment both indoor and outdoor with either enamel or emulsion paint as required to match existing finish..
· Attends to varnishing items such a doors, windows, timber panels and furniture.
· Responsible for preparation of all surfaces prior to painting or varnishing.
· Carries out spray painting of equipment, furniture or related surfaces as required.
· Attends to repairs of damaged / cracked surfaces which may include concrete, plastering, stonework, block work, wall and floor ceramic tiling and marble works.
· Attends to repair / installation of vinyl floor tiles, false ceilings.
· Attends building repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
· Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Program.
· Use initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance program without the direction of the Shift Engineer/Chief Engineer.
· Attend all on job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures
· Attend all types of various technical skill training
· Ensures that house rules are followed and obeyed.
· Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate staff.
· Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed. Does spot checks in the morning.
· Ensures all Engineering Standards and Procedures as issued from time to time are followed.
· Insure Hotel Rules and Regulations are fully followed, avoid any of the followings, but not limited to:
1 Sleeping whilst on duty
2 Late arriving at beginning of shift
3 Early departure at the end of the shift
4 Not following up on guest complaints
5 Not adhering to grooming standards
· Complete all work orders related interior decoration as requested by hotel various departments to meet customer requirements
· Interacts and cooperates with Hotel guests and outside contractors as necessary or directed by superior.
· Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions and festivities.
· Demonstrate Awareness of IHG Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within PPE guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to work place health and safety related various IHG policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
· Ensures that the work shop and related areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
· Complies with Hotel's Health, Safety & Hygiene Policy..
Perform other duties as assigned by superior.
This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with multiple sites and facilities, a number of major outlets, high volume catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS任职要求
Obtain vocational training plus 2 years of experience in any types of interior decoration work and prefer 1 year in hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license if required by law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.