· Checks in guest in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest.
· Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
· Maintains a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Makes change, cashes checks, and exchanges foreign currency. Reconciles all transactions at the close of each shift.
· Assure that desk collateral and information for restaurants, museums, attractions, maps, and other local attractions are updated and current. Knows what activities are available in the city (theatre, sports, concerts, shows, special exhibits, sightseeing) and establishes close contacts with vendors in these areas in order to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for guests.
· Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner making recommendations based on local knowledge and hotel practices.
· Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select, block rooms for arriving guests, accurately input special arrangements the guest has made and to assure proper billing.
· Stores and retrieves guest luggage and packages. Processes packages, faxes, messages, and mail which may be either outgoing or incoming in an accurate and timely manner.
· Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
· Accepts reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff. Can answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.